Why do I love my life so much?

No more New Year's resolutions for me! This year I picked a theme question to guide and shape my choices. The theme: Why do I love my life so much? I am not seeking answers but rather planting the question as a seed and nuturing it. The research: How does this theme play out in my life and affect those around me? What vibrational impact do I observe? What are my results? Posts build on one another, so best to start with the first one.

Monday, October 15, 2007

Packing in the Moments

Sometimes I don't write because I am wallowing in self pity and other times because life is moving at such a pace that I take little time to scribe my reflections. In this case it has been the latter. In the past month I have been to a Ho'oponopono seminar on North Carolina, a homeopathy class in Phoenix, the Chihuly Glass exhibit in Pittsburgh followed by a wedding, and enraptured by a glass project. And all of this was interspersed with seeing clients!

This might be called living life in the fast lane. When I read what I have done, I hardly believe it was only a month. There have been times when this would have been a blur. I'd be moving so fast from one thing to another I'd miss out on the moment. But as I reflect on these times, I am pleased to report I was present in the moment and living each experience fully. I am savoring richly textured memories.

What made me so present in this flurry of activity? Certainly,they were all things I wanted to do. I made conscious choices that also factored in the more tedious aspects of travel time, shifting clients to accommodate my schedule and shortened time for life's more mundane activities like laundry, cooking and trash. My grief accompanied me like a tattered rag doll in a child's hand. I simply brought it along with me.

I am also attributing credit to using Ho'oponopono by saying, "I Love You, Thank You", as much of the time as I could remember. I find this keeps me more in the present moment and I spin fewer dramas in my head about what something means or how I am being thwarted. Without the drag of so much mental process, events unfold much more smoothly. And inspiration pops in. It has been a highly creative month as well.

This past month has been a time of grace. Good people were present for me, interesting learnings, and when the tears came, they did; and when they left, they did. They are not as frequent now as they once were. Life is good. I am loving mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home