Why do I love my life so much?

No more New Year's resolutions for me! This year I picked a theme question to guide and shape my choices. The theme: Why do I love my life so much? I am not seeking answers but rather planting the question as a seed and nuturing it. The research: How does this theme play out in my life and affect those around me? What vibrational impact do I observe? What are my results? Posts build on one another, so best to start with the first one.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Life Could Be So Easy If....

My client said, "I just don't know why my son won't settle down and what he knows to do. His life would be so much easier". I replied, "I just don't know why you don't do what you know to do". It caught her by surprize. She started to respond two or three times and then was quiet. I felt just a little smug.

Today I heard a little voice in my head say, "I just don't know why you don't settle down and do what you know to do". Touche. Actually, "Ouch". It only took 48 hours for my words to come back and glare at me in vibrant neon color. Just illustrates that knowing better does not mean doing better.

All the drama of the past week had settled down. The new frig is in place. Food is cooked up or tossed out. Our road is now freshly reblacktopped. The runaway puppy had returned injured but was now finally out from under the shed and to the vet getting his tail amputated and the temperature fell from the 100's to the mid ninties. Everything is in resolving motion. So why do I persist is feeling irritable and overwhelmed? Why am I eating in a way that intensifies my irritibility?

I know what to do. Drink more water. Exercise. Drink green drink and lay off the sugars. I know the price of not doing these things. I am more irritible, my feet ache more, the athlete's foot gets worse. I woke up with a good plan. And then proceeded to have ice cream for breakfast and on it went. It was like I put the wrong operating program in my brain. And altough I was aware of what I was doing, I didn't alter my behavior. If anything I was difiant. My roomate did a double take at my breakfast and I said, "Yep, it's ice cream".

Well, now I have told on myself and tomorrow is another day. Besides, the ice cream is now all gone. I will keep an eye on that smugness and rejoice in the movement of life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home