Why do I love my life so much?

No more New Year's resolutions for me! This year I picked a theme question to guide and shape my choices. The theme: Why do I love my life so much? I am not seeking answers but rather planting the question as a seed and nuturing it. The research: How does this theme play out in my life and affect those around me? What vibrational impact do I observe? What are my results? Posts build on one another, so best to start with the first one.

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Chipmunk Cheeks!

I look like a chipmunk who found a cash of nuts! I'm guessing the death of my friend hit a raw nerve as I manifested an abscessed tooth. I naively hoped it was a loose crown. It took lots of repetitions of "Why do I love my life so much?" and "Gamzu" to get through the past week.

One thing I can say is a wrinkle on my never looked so good! My left cheek was so swollen and taut. Smiling was next to impossible. And then I could finally manage one, well, sort of a smile. Yesterday, I could smile and see a wrinkle or two appearing. That was a cause for celebration. Right now my cheek is neither swelling or shrinking but I am not in pain.

This episode of pain has made me grateful for all the non pain I enjoy in my life. Overall, I am very healthy. It is easy to take feeling good for granted.

Our pup who couldn't stand to be touched has had a turn about. He has become loving and confident, observant beyond imaging, and determined to keep my spirits up. He did not think I should be spending so much time in bed. I bought him a squeaky chew toy. It worked to keep him occupied but not to sooth my nerves. I was glad when he chewed the squeaker out so I could take it away from him for his own safety.

I also noticed that I had slipped away from my "sit still do nothing" meditation. I thought listening to brain wave tapes or hypnosis was as good but I am finding I did myself a great dis-service ceasing that practice. So I am beginning it again today. I need the time to listen to the promptings of my soul instead of telling my insides what to do. I am thinking to resume this practice outside in nature.

So in the midst of emotional and physical pain I am again back to my "basics".
  • Why do I love my life so much?
  • Gamzu (shorthand for this too is for the best)
  • Sit still and do nothing meditation

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home