Why do I love my life so much?

No more New Year's resolutions for me! This year I picked a theme question to guide and shape my choices. The theme: Why do I love my life so much? I am not seeking answers but rather planting the question as a seed and nuturing it. The research: How does this theme play out in my life and affect those around me? What vibrational impact do I observe? What are my results? Posts build on one another, so best to start with the first one.

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

My Dancing Washing Machine

There are many ways to learn patience. Even my washing machine is encougaging patience. We got it way back when from someone who was unhappy with it. The price was right. It has served us well. Of late it has taken to dancing. If you can imagine, when it gets to the spin cycle, it vibrates mightily and scoots itself across the floor. My response is to lean up against it as it vibrates me like one of those olde timey belt vibrators until the cycle is finished. It probably takes 5 minutes and feels like an hour. I can't delay attending to it either. When it shakes, I must cease every other activity and tend to it with undivided attention.

I have taken to smiling and laughing at these times. What else is there to do? Replacing the machine is on our short list of upcoming investments but in the meantime, why fight it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home