Why do I love my life so much?

No more New Year's resolutions for me! This year I picked a theme question to guide and shape my choices. The theme: Why do I love my life so much? I am not seeking answers but rather planting the question as a seed and nuturing it. The research: How does this theme play out in my life and affect those around me? What vibrational impact do I observe? What are my results? Posts build on one another, so best to start with the first one.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Re-evaluating Assumptions

My early assumption was that the suffering in the world meant something was wrong, be it the result of sin or something else, and I was here to help change it. This set some unfortunate behaviors into motion. If I am to help the world or people then someone has to know what is right or at least better. I'm guessing that I thought that was me. I wanted to alleviate suffering. Now I am wondering how self righteous I came across.

I was not a happy camper and projected that out onto others. I am thinking I wore two masks back then; one of the saintly helper and the other one of blame. I have already shared my journey from blame to responsibility. Now I am looking at my need to fix situations was based on my Catholic guilt and salvation ethic.

An alternative assumption is that everyone is already born perfect. In this case they do not need fixing regardless of their apparent circumstances. There are a couple of different theories about this and I hope my brief summaries do them justice but you can do a search and learn more if they interest you.

Mike Dooley suggests that God is playing hide and seek with himself in this material illusion and is playing so well, God forgot it was a game. So we are all part of God and the drama we see are the roles we are playing. We have to remember who we are as creators.

Abraham Hicks might say is there is no evil but individuals refuse to step into the stream of well being. The vengeful God is created from human despair in a sea of contrast. Our mission is to step into the stream of well being.

Mabel Catz, in The Easiest Way, relates the creation story that says we were created perfect and given free will in the form of thinking, which was necessary for life in paradise but could be chosen. Adam chose to respond to God saying "She made me do it", and from then til now we have suffered under an ever growing illusion that separated us from God. In this scenario, everyone is perfect but we see them through a veil of illusion written by our individual and collective memories. In order to see clearly, we must apologise to the Divine for our error of perception in order to clear the way for Divine Inspiration. Here, the error that I see in others is in me and my job is to clean it away. By clearing it away from me, I also clear it from mass consciousness.

What is at issue here is the basic assumption about whether humans are born in sin or born perfect. Radically different assumptions. I had lived from the perspective of sin with the resultant self deprecation. If I choose to see everyone as fundamentally perfect, including myself, All sorts of inner building blocks have to change. I would have to accept the "God doesn't create no junk". That includes me and everyone else. I can't explain the depth of shift this would require.

I like the Ho'oponopono view in that it accounts for the apparent sufferings through my perception of others through a distorted view of memory. It also gives me a way to shift things in that I can take total responsibility and clean my illusion that I see around me and open to inspiration. My focus of change shifts from fixing those around me (which they never responded the way I hoped) to a shift within myself. Validation comes from within, not without.

Who knew that loving my life so much would begin a healing process like this. This too is for the best. Gamzu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home