Why do I love my life so much?

No more New Year's resolutions for me! This year I picked a theme question to guide and shape my choices. The theme: Why do I love my life so much? I am not seeking answers but rather planting the question as a seed and nuturing it. The research: How does this theme play out in my life and affect those around me? What vibrational impact do I observe? What are my results? Posts build on one another, so best to start with the first one.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

57 Warm Fuzzies

Last Thursday was my birthday. I came upon an e-mail by Brian Vaszily of www.IntenseExperiences.com on how an ""X" written on the back of your hand can equal an act of kindness and improve lives."

It seems he woke in a funk and was determined not to let his mood run his life. He marked a big "X" on the web of his hand to remind him to pay everyone he met a genuine compliment no matter what. I was inspired by his determination not to let his bad mood caused by making poor food choices not ruin his day but to rise above his mood.

I had been experiencing the blahs myself from the same causes of poor food choices and too little sleep. And then the inspiration struck. I would pick 57 people from my life and send them a "What I love about you" message. One for each year of my life! My idea was I would send a message of appreciation, a "Warm Fuzzy" to 57 people on my e-mail list. Best of intentions. Later that day I succumbed to a wave of
M&M's induced fatigue and slept away the afternoon.

At first I was disappointed in myself. Then I decided it wasn't too late to still follow through on my grand idea even if it wasn't still my birthday. So I decided to call the various people up in my mind. I tell them how much I love them and why I appreciate them and thank them for being in my life. I have sent messages to 49 people so far. So people are not getting a letter or e-mail in hard copy but they are getting a burst of love through cosmic channels.

I have noticed that my attention span could use some development. I start this process, work with 2 or 3 people and somehow space out and half an hour later remember I was acknowledging someone. Once I noticed myself doing this and refocused myself, I would my attention wandering again and again. All I can do is be gentle with myself and do a few warm fuzzies at a time.

I felt inspired. This process set the tone for the coming year and I am remembering how loved I am and have been throughout my life. I am learning why I love my life so much.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger jennyryan72 said…

    That's a great idea! I've spent the last year or so doing the same thing with the people in my life-letting them know what I like about them and how much I appreciate the difference they've made in my life.

    (jenny from jennyryan.com.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home