Why do I love my life so much?

No more New Year's resolutions for me! This year I picked a theme question to guide and shape my choices. The theme: Why do I love my life so much? I am not seeking answers but rather planting the question as a seed and nuturing it. The research: How does this theme play out in my life and affect those around me? What vibrational impact do I observe? What are my results? Posts build on one another, so best to start with the first one.

Thursday, August 30, 2007

A Breath of Rain

I have been wondering if trees and plants suffer. There are now so many trees dropping their leaves and turning brown. I don't know if they will leaf out again next year or not. Following the great freeze earlier this year, I mourned the loss of trees but to my delight, they rallied and sent out another set of leaves. The fruit was gone but they set out even more leaves than they had before. How resilient. Perhaps they are resilient during droughts and high temperatures as well. I hope so but I am trying not to jump to conclusions.

But last night came a little rain. Our first in 6 weeks. I was a sigh a relief in my soul. Was it also a sigh a relief for the plants and trees. Or do they just take it all in stride without comment or feeling?

I know that I relate to trees and plants as if they have feelings when I am directly influencing their lives. If I am pulling weeds or harvesting I apologize and thank them. I chat with the plants I put in. I have been generally commizerating with their thirstty plight. I felt dried out and shriveled up myself. If love could help them feel better, I did my part.

What I could observe with my senses was the grasses were brown when I went to bed and green when I went out this morning. I could see where the rain had been generoous and where it had skipped just by the color. I hope those that did not get last night benefit vicariously from those that did, like through some great underground root-net.

I just know it sounded like my team had won the championship around here when we heard the first drops of rain. A breath of rain... is why I love my life so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home