Why do I love my life so much?

No more New Year's resolutions for me! This year I picked a theme question to guide and shape my choices. The theme: Why do I love my life so much? I am not seeking answers but rather planting the question as a seed and nuturing it. The research: How does this theme play out in my life and affect those around me? What vibrational impact do I observe? What are my results? Posts build on one another, so best to start with the first one.

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Creative Juices

Creating the art pieces for the state fair got my creative juices going as I hoped. My goal for committing myself to the submissions was to use creativity to channel my grief from the death of my friend and to fill the time I had spent doing martial arts with him. It worked. I received 2 Honorable mentions.

So now I am wondering what would it take to win the categories I enter. I made it a point to get to the fair grounds to see the other entries to become inspired. So now I am on a mission to solve the colorfastness problems that I have with my preferred technique and well as to refine and develop my own style.

I work on gourds in the round. I have developed new techniques that are striking. I don't think I can draw or paint well enough to make a contribution in "the fine arts". I would love to take gourd work into the arena of fine arts even as Alfred Stieglitz took photography into the realm of fine arts.

I am playing with adding 3 dimensions but to me so far it looks like a cheap something made in china. I need other opinions and maybe a different technique or medium. I began working with negative space and came up with something stunning. Something I might consider marketing once I developed a handful of designs.

In any case, my creative juices are flowing and I am studying uses of negative space, printmaking, and batik to develop my style. It is fun. When my client load is down I have a direction to channel my efforts and creativity. Who knows what will become of it? At least, I will have some Christmas presents made.

Why do I love my life so much?
The surge of creative juices made manifest...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home