Why do I love my life so much?

No more New Year's resolutions for me! This year I picked a theme question to guide and shape my choices. The theme: Why do I love my life so much? I am not seeking answers but rather planting the question as a seed and nuturing it. The research: How does this theme play out in my life and affect those around me? What vibrational impact do I observe? What are my results? Posts build on one another, so best to start with the first one.

Monday, October 15, 2007

I Love You in North Carolina

Ho'oponopono is now based on cleaning my relationship with God to get back to my pure state by repeating "I Love You. Thank You. Please forgive me. I'm sorry." over and over and over. It is becoming my mental mantra. I went to NC to attend a weekend seminar with Dr. Len, the current Ho'oponopono spokesperson. I wanted to "grok" ( from Stranger in a Strange Land meaning to understand with all ones senses)the essence of Ho'oponopono. That included checking out the energy of people who had been doing it for longer than I have as well as learning additional cleaning techniques.

I came away with 2 main insights. The first came from the simple repetition of the idea that I am either in that pure state as I was when God created me or I am filled with "pooh". Every question that came up, every example cited turned out to be an illustration of "pooh". Over the course of the weekend I really did begin to see how much of my mental processing was in fact "pooh". I make up stories around the tiniest of circumstances to help me feel out of control, guilty, less than....
I assign meanings to words or events that were not intended. I talk myself into overwhelm. Replacing that with "Thank You, I love you", is curios is a useful way.

The second insight is how slippery it is to take 100% responsibility for my life.
I am not talking about guilt or blame. I am speaking of responsibility as in "if it shows up in my life, I am responsible". I have been in the habit of assigning things in my life an independent reality. So when the puppy ran away and got into trouble and came home with a fractured pelvis and needing a tail amputation it was, "The puppy he..." with no inkling of my responsibility in that. Even as I write this, I see the concept is obtuse in my telling of it. But somehow I am getting a sense of it in my insides.

I have long repeated the statement, "There is no one out there but me", to remind myself that somehow this life is my illusion and how I see it, the stories I tell, I determine, even if most of it is unconscious. I guess it has been my way to claim my power. After all if there is an "out there" I am powerless. If my experience arises from within, I have influence.

One of my great epiphanies that I wrote about some time back was when I asked, "What if I did choose my parents before I came in"? Suddenly I no longer felt victimized by them. I became intrigued with why I would choose them. What was in it for me? It was the turning point of my relationship with them. I ceased resistance on that point. Taking responsibility for my all I experience now releases my resistance to life.

So far, Ho'opponopono has cleaned a lot of mental clutter and reduced my resistance to life. This makes it one of the better tools I have discovered in my life. Ho'oponopono has made me love my life so much more. It is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home