Why do I love my life so much?

No more New Year's resolutions for me! This year I picked a theme question to guide and shape my choices. The theme: Why do I love my life so much? I am not seeking answers but rather planting the question as a seed and nuturing it. The research: How does this theme play out in my life and affect those around me? What vibrational impact do I observe? What are my results? Posts build on one another, so best to start with the first one.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Field Trip in Fantasy Land!

I Love glass! Art glass that is. I recently took a field trip to the Chihuly glass exhibit at the Phipps Conservatory in Pittsburgh. It was a 10 hour drive each way and so very worth it.

Chihuly, the blown glass master, is know for pushing the limits of size in glass blowing. He does organic shapes in fantastic color and builds them into towering sculptures that are placed into landscapes such that it seems they have always been there. Walking through the conservatory was like traveling in an exotic stage set.
Each turn of the corner brought me face to face with a new vibrantly colored theme.

This is thinking outside of the box at its best. It boosted my own imagination and creative juices. We went twice. First at night with accented lighting and them during the day to catch the play of natural lighting. Sometimes it was hard to think it was the same display. The only change in environment was the lighting but it transported me into two very different realms.

The whole experience was like a treasure hunt in that each new interface of glass and landscape was a delight to my senses. Sometimes the path wound in ways such that I could see the same pieces from different angles. WOW. One piece had a spider adding its special touch. Oh the have the abandon to throw myself out into the world with abandon like a spider, knowing that wherever I landed I would not only be fine.

The trip was also highlighted by meeting up with a member of a mastermind team. It was like Susan and I had known each other since grade school. We stayed at her home, a 200 year old stage coach stop. She took the day off, drove us around Pittsburgh, encouraged me in my gourd work. While she and Melanie played with photos, I took rubbings of the wood paneling in her home.

Our 36 hours in Pittsburgh filled up my senses. What a great life! I'm ready to re-engage with my art big time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home