Why do I love my life so much?

No more New Year's resolutions for me! This year I picked a theme question to guide and shape my choices. The theme: Why do I love my life so much? I am not seeking answers but rather planting the question as a seed and nuturing it. The research: How does this theme play out in my life and affect those around me? What vibrational impact do I observe? What are my results? Posts build on one another, so best to start with the first one.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Do I Want It? Really?

I learned something about myself following my trip to Pittsburgh. If I really want something, I go after it fast. After the Chihuly exhibit we went to the Pittsburgh Glass Center's open house and hands up day. Someone demonstrated making glass beads and glass blowing. I decorated a glass and had it sand blasted. and everyone had the opportunty to add bits to a double panel glass mosaic.

The mosaic artist, Davieo Devis, was totally embracing and sharing of her art. On the way home Maelanie and I discussed doing some mosaic. Who knew she had a yearning to work with glass but didn't want to work with lead? We discussed places to get glass and where we might be able to get installation contracts.

I was smitten. Melanie checked out the internet. I called a friend whose mate used to work in glass and I hit the jackpot. I bought scrap staned glass for $1 a pound. 110 punds to be exact. But there was also a stained glass lamp project that had been sitting in jigs for 5 years already following the death of its craftor. So I arranged to take all the pieces and to transform it into a mosaic in memory of Brenda.

So after squeaking out bits of time here and there, we have a 24 x 26 inch grape arbor piece ready for grouting and framing. This all happened in the course of a week. No stress. No delay. Just an opportunity seized.

So when I want, really want, I am like a dog with a bone. When I decided to take a class in glass fusing the week my dad died, I followed through. It took time to mesh my schedule with available classes and I had to drive to North Carolina but i was on a mission. I am planning my next class already.

I contrast this with things that sound good to do, things inspired by hypnotic writers, like create a great passive income internet business. I read and study but no action. I may end being one of those people who has to sleep in my car because all of my art has taken up every nook and cranny of my home. Art for art's sake. Ahhhh, the joy of it. I wouldn't mind selling some pieces also. Maybe I will learn to how to set up a web site.

In any case, when something is really for me, I go for it. I am learning about why I love my life so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home