Why do I love my life so much?

No more New Year's resolutions for me! This year I picked a theme question to guide and shape my choices. The theme: Why do I love my life so much? I am not seeking answers but rather planting the question as a seed and nuturing it. The research: How does this theme play out in my life and affect those around me? What vibrational impact do I observe? What are my results? Posts build on one another, so best to start with the first one.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

WHAT are the Chances???

When my roommate came in on friday she siad, "I left more at the dump than I intended." It seems our black cat thought napping amidst the trash under the tarp would be a good thing. My roommate saw the cat when removing the tarp and put him in the truck cab with the wing windows open while she unloaded. She didn't see the cat when she got in but thought he was under the tarps. But when she started the engine, the cat streaked across in front of the truck. Despite her attempts at locating him, no cat.

I came into the story a couple of hours later. I couldn't believe she had left the cat there, though it is a headstrong cat even when it is not freaked out. I set off with the animal carrier and some cat food to the dump. What are the chances of finding him? Luckily it was not a busy day at that portion of our county dump. The dump officials let me look and eventually I heard Onyx's pitiful meow. He was under the giant dumster and I was able to rescue him. Thank goodness he wasn't in it.

In the meantime, the truck was refilled and ready for another dump run. My roommate calls and says to make sure there are no cats in the truck and since I had just had the truck bed covered, I thought she was playing with me. So my helper and I arrive at the dump, remove the tarp and begin unloading and would you believe... I wouldn't. There was our white cat caught in a roll of fencing wire we had removed from the farm. We hadn't seen that cat in 48 hours but that happens sometimes. I never expected she would be on the truck! This cat was caught tight and had to wait while we unloaded the truck to get to the fencing to find a way to disentangle her. She was in shock and not a happy camper! This time we knew to watch while getting back into the truck and she was poised for an escape.

What are the chances of 2 different cats doing the same weird thing? What if I hadn't wanted to go unload the trunk today in between the bouts of rain. Gypsy is fine now, thanks to some TLC and homeopathy to decrease the shock, but I doubt she would have lived another day caught in the truckbed as she was.

What compelled me to go back to the dump in search of Onyx? What compelled me to do a dump run on a rainy day. I had no conscious awareness of being guided but I count both these events as miracles and as evidence of why I love my life so much.

How many more things fall into place like this that we don't even notice because it is so seamless?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home