Why do I love my life so much?

No more New Year's resolutions for me! This year I picked a theme question to guide and shape my choices. The theme: Why do I love my life so much? I am not seeking answers but rather planting the question as a seed and nuturing it. The research: How does this theme play out in my life and affect those around me? What vibrational impact do I observe? What are my results? Posts build on one another, so best to start with the first one.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Sweet Sound of Gurggling

Sometimes I am so moved that I burst into spontaneous song with made up lyrics. They are not fit for publication and my roommate is amused, but today was one of those days.

The kitchen sink has been stopped up for more weeks than I care to admit. Yes, weeks. For a time I hoped the drain pipe had frozen during the extreme cold we had a while back. Nothing worked. We even resorted to chemicals. Then a plumber's son told me grease + lye = soap. Besides that, after the lye didn't work then how do I dilute the contents that are standing in the pipe in order to get in and fix it? Anyway, we had the trip to visit my folks so there was time for it to "thaw".

Water was standing in the drain when I left, it had drained out of the sink but I had no idea how much had drained and what would happen if I added water. I finally became brave. At 2 quarts we had back up again. Long story short....we now have a gurggling, draining kitchen sink. I am the plunger queen! It is defintely worth singing about. And Melanie patched the fence to keep the LLamas contained...we hope. And I got the tulips planted.

There is such joy in getting things handled that have been slowly sucking my energy.
I did get the number of a plumber at the store, just in case my determination wasn't enough. But in the end, I did it myself! I am realizing part of playing further out from the 50 yard line is allowing myself to crow (or sing) about my accomplishments. I don't care is anyone is listening. My inner critic hears me joyous.

So, why do I love my life so much? Because I can open clogged drains, corral runawy llamas, and replant the tulips that the puppies dug up and still sing about it. At least I am singing when I get it handled; never mind what I was feeling about it before then. But then the playing field goes both directions from the 50 yeard line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home