Why do I love my life so much?

No more New Year's resolutions for me! This year I picked a theme question to guide and shape my choices. The theme: Why do I love my life so much? I am not seeking answers but rather planting the question as a seed and nuturing it. The research: How does this theme play out in my life and affect those around me? What vibrational impact do I observe? What are my results? Posts build on one another, so best to start with the first one.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

There's No PLace Like Home...

I am writing from Seattle at the end of my family reunion. It is so clear to me that I come from awesome stock. I am so proud of my siblings, each one in their own way has faced obstacles and grown a lot. My parents must have done something right!

We figure it has been 11 years since we were all together at the same time. Yet we picked up right where we left off somehow. I don't know that I would have taken my sister's idea for a family reunion and set it in motion, or even that I would have been willing to come to Seattle twice in one month, prior to my beginning the "Why do I love my life so much" campaign.

Allowing relationships to be more important than getting things done on my "list" makes my life richer than money ever could. Someone pointed out to me that I am arriving at themes people usually come to at the end of their life, when they look back at what it all meant. What a blessing to find what has meaning now, while I still have time to cultivate even more richness.

I also watched my nieces and nephews with their children. Not having had children of my own, I haven't thought about all the little ways parents give support and love their kids. Surely my mom was there for me in these same little ways, applauding my accomplishments and my efforts, kissing my boo-boos, and keeping me safe. I am beginning to replay what I saw this weekend with my parents raising me. It was the little things like how they got the kids ready for bed, coaxed them to put their coats on, or stood by while they climbed up to get darts onto the board. I have taken many things for granted, but my parents didn't or I wouldn't have the life skills I have today.

How have I been loved in ways I never knew? How many people do I have the thank?
Why do I love my life so much? Thank you for this sigh of contentment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home