Why do I love my life so much?

No more New Year's resolutions for me! This year I picked a theme question to guide and shape my choices. The theme: Why do I love my life so much? I am not seeking answers but rather planting the question as a seed and nuturing it. The research: How does this theme play out in my life and affect those around me? What vibrational impact do I observe? What are my results? Posts build on one another, so best to start with the first one.

Monday, February 12, 2007

the effects of negativity

"If we could grok the effects of negativity on the mind and body we would never be negative again." Groking comes from the novel Stranger in a Stange Land. It is more encompassing than understanding. I think of it as getting it on a cellular level. The sentence leapt off off a comment page.

Focusing on why I love my life so much leaves little time for negativity but negativity is subtle. Earllier this week Matt Furey encouraged his readers to count how many times they say, "I am tired" in a week. How about in a day? This comment does not tend towards creating the energy and vitality I want for my life. It kicked my vigilance up a notch.

I don't want to spend much time on how negativity effects my mind and body but aversion is sometimes more powerful than attraction. I read that potato chip makers have almost no fat to recycle as they treat it chemically to remove some free radials and then use it again and again til it is absorbed. That was enough to get me to stop eating potato chips. Yuck! How toxic is that?

And negativity is even more toxic than treated potato chip oil. Skipping all my logic, I think negativity leads to inflammation which directly or indirectly results in death. How is that for a global statement? If the heart attack doesn't kill you, the bad mood you spread will make others wish someone was dead. Grok my meaning?

I am not advocating a Pollyanna approach to life. The more I ask myself why I Love my Life so much the more I am led to clean up little things in my life that weigh me down, even comments like "I am tired". I'm going to bed now to have a refreshing nights sleep. I hope you have one tonight also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home