Why do I love my life so much?

No more New Year's resolutions for me! This year I picked a theme question to guide and shape my choices. The theme: Why do I love my life so much? I am not seeking answers but rather planting the question as a seed and nuturing it. The research: How does this theme play out in my life and affect those around me? What vibrational impact do I observe? What are my results? Posts build on one another, so best to start with the first one.

Friday, January 26, 2007

More Questions than Answers

Let's presume that I am a co-creator of my life by virtue of my free will. I make choices and moderate my responses to whatever comes my way. Some choices and responses are conscious decisions, many are habitual learned responses. I choose to to believe that there is a greater quality of life when my choices are more conscious than when I exist/live on autopilot.

Given conscious participation in life, which is better: Setting goals and planning/taking specific actions steps to accomplish them or acknowledging that within me there exists a seed of all I can be and cultivating that knowing by taking the next inspired step?

Obviously the existence of this blog shows my prejudice towards the latter but I still have questions. Did free will come as a result of the fall of man or did it cause the fall of man? Is there an optimum blueprint for my life that I override by freewill? Can I choose to be what I was originally intended to be? Which choice will develop more of my talents and abilities, choosing what I want and going for it or posing a question like "Why do I love my life so much"? and letting choices bubble up from within? Is the goal setting approach also a form of bubbling up from within?

Both approaches demand a consistency of purpose and intention. Otherwise my course is greatly influenced by prevailing opinion and media input. Is one approach the so called left brain approach and the other a right brain approach?

Certainly both approaches can have synchonicities that open doors in amazing ways. In goal setting I am choosing a certain outcome. In afforming (asking seed questions ala Noah St. John) I am riding the current of being happy without definition of what that looks like.

I guess I am wondering if at the end of life, when I am standing before God and God asks what did I take with me from this life and what did I contribute to this life what would my answer be? What would I want it to be? How might each approach inform the answer?

See? I have way more questions than answers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home