Why do I love my life so much?

No more New Year's resolutions for me! This year I picked a theme question to guide and shape my choices. The theme: Why do I love my life so much? I am not seeking answers but rather planting the question as a seed and nuturing it. The research: How does this theme play out in my life and affect those around me? What vibrational impact do I observe? What are my results? Posts build on one another, so best to start with the first one.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Yes, but....

Only a few things push my buttons anymore. The 'yes,but' response is one of the big ones. I am happier when my internal resistor is taking a siesta. In my work with clients, my patience is tested when someone slips into that state. It is better to jump in and try wholeheartedly or flat out say, "I won't".

A couple of days ago I found myself in just such a "yes, but" state. I was on a master mind call and the direction turned to promoting my business. My colleagues were offering solid ideas and for every one I had a retort. After a few attempts on their part, I felt myself backed into a corner but had the wisdom to see my responses were not working. I told them I hate it when people hold on to "yes,but" and I didn't know what to say. Finally an offer of assistance was left on the table for when I am ready and we moved on.

I think business development is about the only area of my life that has not yet been shifted in some way by my "Why do I love my life so much"? research. Perhaps I worry about it a bit less, knowing that it too will change if I persist. In the past months I have let go of positions that do not serve me, but have not taken a proactive stance to grow my private practice.

I have many reasons and excuses, for now I am wallowing in the swamp of 'yes, but' in this one specifc area on my life. I noticing that it is like a stubbed toe. The pain of that little part effects the carriage of my whole body, of my life. At the very least, I am a using my Why I love my life campaign to remind myself the discomfort is just in one little area and to keep taking action as I see it bubble up. I watching and recording here, the good, the bad and the humiliating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home