Why do I love my life so much?

No more New Year's resolutions for me! This year I picked a theme question to guide and shape my choices. The theme: Why do I love my life so much? I am not seeking answers but rather planting the question as a seed and nuturing it. The research: How does this theme play out in my life and affect those around me? What vibrational impact do I observe? What are my results? Posts build on one another, so best to start with the first one.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Lightbulb On!

I know my theme question is a great one. But it could have been one of a million other questions. Why this one? The light just came on. The best questions approach life as an integrated whole. If my question(s) focus on a specific aspect of life like wealth, self confidence, or weight I am compartmentalizing life which inherently pulls me and my attention in different directions.This creates drama. Every question demands a bigger piece of my energy pie. Having one central question keeps all my ponies harnessed and pulling in the same direction. No wonder I am seeing my life change so much.

Why do I love my life so much? is the question I have planted, the one I romance, the one I allow to roll around in my brain. It is THE question I savor with all my senses. But when I have an issue that comes up, I do now frame it in its own question. Like with my dad, I ask, "Why do I feel so loving and connected with dad"?
This question takes the place of prior "mental masturbation" around our relationship which mostly made one or both of us come out the bad guy. While the question never looms larger than my core question, it does put a certain spin on the direction I am looking for the answer.

Does the question you have chosen address your life as a whole or focus on a chunk of life? Does it matter?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home