Why do I love my life so much?

No more New Year's resolutions for me! This year I picked a theme question to guide and shape my choices. The theme: Why do I love my life so much? I am not seeking answers but rather planting the question as a seed and nuturing it. The research: How does this theme play out in my life and affect those around me? What vibrational impact do I observe? What are my results? Posts build on one another, so best to start with the first one.

Monday, January 08, 2007

"High Hopes"

I finally decided which song I would play upon my grand entrance to the big fight. It would be Theme to Chariots of Fire as sung by Jane Oliver as "Race to the end". Like the movie it is about giving it your all, learning to live again.

Rocky Balboa, The movie I saw yesterday used the theme song, "High Hopes". Someone else picked it for him and he stopped and commented on the song as he came in. Seeing that the task at hand was daunting to most people, High Hopes was an ironic choice. Though Rocky did not go to Las Vegas to loose.

One of the most poignant moments of the movie was his in this discussion with his son. "Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!"

I think moving forward depends on how much you can take, what you can pull out of yourself, and whether you can put your foot out into space knowing the ground will rise up to meet you. I give the movie a 10 as it relates to this particular journey.

"Why I love my Life" living is causing me to look at every aspect of my life and challenging me to take action to bring it up the stanard of genuine love of my life. This includes physical fitness, cleaniliness and order and relationships. It is curious to see how organically the themes come up as opposed to setting down the goal to improve certain aspects of my life. A brief sharing about someone elses positive changes in relationship led to a question about my own. Now we are considering how to upgrade the quality of our relationship. Mediocrity cannot persist in my loving my life. Upgrade or move on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home