Why do I love my life so much?

No more New Year's resolutions for me! This year I picked a theme question to guide and shape my choices. The theme: Why do I love my life so much? I am not seeking answers but rather planting the question as a seed and nuturing it. The research: How does this theme play out in my life and affect those around me? What vibrational impact do I observe? What are my results? Posts build on one another, so best to start with the first one.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Umbrella Questions

I have decided to call the question "Why do I love my life so much" an umbrella question in the sense that it is broad enough to effect many aspects of a person's life without directly addressing each area separately.

Curiously, I am finding most or many people are more comfortable addressing individual life arenas than life at large. They are more delighted when I propose a question that deals with getting more business or finding a mate than they are when I pose my umbrella question about loving life. Maybe they feel they are doing something more concrete.

I myself, am more intrigued by the umbrella or global questions. I started asking why it is so easy for me to ask the best questions. That is interesting. I get questions like "Why is it so easy for me to remember who I am (at my core)"? and "Why do questions work better for me than affirmations or statements"?

Sometimes I get answers. I have much less resistance to questions so they sneak past my defenses better. And today, in a sparking conversation about this topic, I heard myself wonder if questions set up the brain to act as a antena scanning my inner and outer landscapes for answers. Affirmations, on the other hand, seem to treat my brain as a storage unit that needs reorganizing. If I resist organizing my inner storage as much as I resist organizing my desk then change is going to be tough for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home