Why do I love my life so much?

No more New Year's resolutions for me! This year I picked a theme question to guide and shape my choices. The theme: Why do I love my life so much? I am not seeking answers but rather planting the question as a seed and nuturing it. The research: How does this theme play out in my life and affect those around me? What vibrational impact do I observe? What are my results? Posts build on one another, so best to start with the first one.

Friday, February 16, 2007

Longings of my Soul

I am using my question, "Why do I love my life so much"? to allow, even encourage, the longings of my soul to emerge. This stands in contrast to setting a plan for fulfilling my wants. Perhaps it is naive of me to seek the longings of my soul. I wrestle with this theme in terms of both free will and purpose of life.

What does it mean to use my free will to do God's will? How would I know if I was deluding myself. It sounds more palatable, more personal, to use my free will to seek my soul's longings. It assumes there is a "divine matrix" if you will in which I have an optimum role to play that will give me my greatest satifaction. Whether I could ever choose to do something other than that is open to debate.

There is another perspective that encourages me to seek what I want, and in striving to attain and attaining my goals I become something greater than I was before. It is commonly said that a rich person can contribute more to others than someone without riches. Of course there are counter examples to that like Mother Teresa and the man who planted trees that inspired this portion of my journey.

Am I asking the best question? I am assuming that following my soul's longings increases my love for my life, but one may not automatically follow the other even if they were interchanged. Does loving my life result in the emergence of soul longings? Does following my souls's longings result in my loving my life more? Hmmmm I think I am describing a celtic knot here.

It is a good thing I am not looking for THE RIGHT answer here. I am looking for an approach to life that provides both meaning and joy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home