Why do I love my life so much?

No more New Year's resolutions for me! This year I picked a theme question to guide and shape my choices. The theme: Why do I love my life so much? I am not seeking answers but rather planting the question as a seed and nuturing it. The research: How does this theme play out in my life and affect those around me? What vibrational impact do I observe? What are my results? Posts build on one another, so best to start with the first one.

Monday, March 05, 2007

A Million Stairs

Today we visited some friends on Whidbey Island. They had access to the beach but I didn't realize it was a million stair steps down to the ocean. Yes it was, I counted. Well I didn't really count but there might even have been millions. The last 15 feet of height we had to scramble down the cliff using root holds and a rikety ladder that sank when I put my weight on it. Down was one thing, up was another. I could benefit from doing squats regularly.

As we walked along the beach and talked I scanned the stones, looking for just the right ones to use in making my "I Love my Life Activity Kits". I didn't choose many since I was aware of the climb back up, but I found some beauties, just the perfect energy and size.

I suggested that my mountain goat friend go ahead and dash up the stairs, mostly so I wouldn't be too embarrassed by my lack of conditioning. I took time to sit and look out upon the mountain rimmed ocean. I observed the various types of moss. I noticed the young thistle plants that still had dew on their hairy, thistle-ly leaves. I took photos in my mind since I wasn't willing to carry a camera down and up those stairs.

I did it. I enjoyed it. My heartrate eventually calmed back down. I thought about another friend who just climbed 94 flights of stairs in 19 minutes. I am not sure I want to pay the price of training to do that but I am enjoying improving my fitness. I want to keep my options open. I am enjoying this spacesuit I call my body. Motion equals life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home