Why do I love my life so much?

No more New Year's resolutions for me! This year I picked a theme question to guide and shape my choices. The theme: Why do I love my life so much? I am not seeking answers but rather planting the question as a seed and nuturing it. The research: How does this theme play out in my life and affect those around me? What vibrational impact do I observe? What are my results? Posts build on one another, so best to start with the first one.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The power of a casual remark

A couple of weeks ago, there was some manual labor that needed doing on the farm that I frankly didn't want to be doing but was. I was ready to blurt out some complaint like "I make so much an hour, why am I doing this job I could pay someone else to do." I aborted the sentence because I don't promote myself and therefore have available time for more clients. Therefore, if money is tight, stop whining and do the manual labor.

I had pretty strong feelings about this point but corralled my tongue. Then a most curious event happened. The next day someone asked us if we had any work that the son of a friend could do around the farm. Ha! Someone to do my manual labor. It was a win-win situation. He is strong, willing, courteous and learns very fast. My aborted comment set a chain of events into motion that delights me.

I made a list of jobs around the farm...anything that has ever bugged me, unfinished projects, all the things that weighed on me to get done but would take me years to do since I was not inclined to do them. And now, that list is nearly done. I am already seeing other things that can be upgraded.

I learned that I don't have to do it all myself. I knew having action taken on these things would create a momentum that would not only affect my joy and gtatitude but also my business. Sure enough, new clients appeared by word of mouth within days and the refferals continue to multiply.

Now I am inspired to make changes inside the house that reflect how I am feeling about the outside. Even while I was feeling stuck about goal setting, I was still finding ways in which I totally love my life that I didn't expect. I doubt that I would have set about finding such a helper, but the Universe read the energy of my heart and set things in motion. When the opportunity presented itself, I leaped.
This is a fun way to live.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:28 AM, Blogger Charlie said…

    Hello Patricia,

    I have tried to comment on your blog many times, but blogger always loses me with a re-sign in.
    I think you are really on to something here with your theme, your guiding question, and the way you are living your life these days.

    It seems very Western to me to want to "keep score." I remember the first time I watched KYUDO, or Japanese archery. As a Westerner, my eyes went to the target to see if the archer had "hit his mark."

    In fact, I later learned, the beauty -- the point, really, is in the form and the movement of the archer taking back the bowstring and letting fly. The point is in the DOING, not in the SCORE. Some might go further to say that the point is in the BEING, even before we DO.

    When we think about it, bathroom scales are a big scorekeeper, too, aren't they? The point is not really the number on the scale, but the feeling of health in the body, right?

    Thanks for keeping me thinking. I'm rooting for you!

    Charlie in Japan

    PS: great Power of Intention story here!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home