Why do I love my life so much?

No more New Year's resolutions for me! This year I picked a theme question to guide and shape my choices. The theme: Why do I love my life so much? I am not seeking answers but rather planting the question as a seed and nuturing it. The research: How does this theme play out in my life and affect those around me? What vibrational impact do I observe? What are my results? Posts build on one another, so best to start with the first one.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Is It Working?

I started using the ho'oponopono cleaning technique of saying to myself "I Love You, Thank You, I'm Sorry, Please Forgive Me", for a few months now. I ordered e-books of seminars, attended a phone seminar, read "Zero Limits" by Joe Vitale and "The Easiest Way" by Mabel Katz. I have even attended a seminar, live with Dr Len. All the behaviors of a fanatic. It is what I do when something captures my fancy. I dive in, swim around and pay attention to what is happening in my life as a result.

The sentences have become my companion. They are at peak consciousness when I am driving, playing "Spider", when I ma with clients and falling asleep. I try to do them without expecting a specific result. I am noticing that I rarely feel helpless anymore, that my intellectual drama is decreasing and I live in the moment better. I have pulled my head out of the sand more and look around with curiosity even if I don't like what I am seeing.

I have been following the fires of California with interest and emotion. In the past, I would have kept the TV off to keep my adrenalin level down or have been rivieted to the TV with adrenalin raging. Now I watch, clean with my sentences and wonder at the good that will come from so much destruction. The stories of resilient spirit, the people who will start over doing something they really like in a place they really love, the new growth that will rise fro the ashes. I watch people come together and connect with those they previously ignored. All the time I am cleaning.

I have been using the cleaning to help me with my grief from the death of my friend. It probably helped me continue doing what needed doing. It didn't take the grief and pain away. Eventually I was led to experiences where I really felt someone heard the depth of my pain and then I could start to let some of it go. It doesn't consume me any longer but sometimes washes over me.

So I have more peace. The direction of my life is shifting to try to fix others less and be more gentle with myself. My artistic and creative expressions are coming front and center. I do not feel so very fragile in the face of awful things in the world.

So ho'oponopono has become a perferred tool in my toolbox. Cleaning is better than fixing. It is not my one, true way but it is an awesome way. I am already exploring Soul Healing as taught be Eric Rolf. I love it when I find someone whose way of thinking and expressing turns my brain upside down and jiggles the connections.

The reasons Why I love my life so much seem to be infinite. I delight in uncovering them one by one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home