Why do I love my life so much?

No more New Year's resolutions for me! This year I picked a theme question to guide and shape my choices. The theme: Why do I love my life so much? I am not seeking answers but rather planting the question as a seed and nuturing it. The research: How does this theme play out in my life and affect those around me? What vibrational impact do I observe? What are my results? Posts build on one another, so best to start with the first one.

Saturday, December 22, 2007

What Do You Get When..

...You cross a sleepless night with an alka-seltzer moment of: "I can't believe I ate the whole thing"? That little box of fudge was over the top and I was feeling multiple shades of green. I went to bed to sleep it off. It is harder for me to be gentle with myself when I do something so very stupid. I knew while I was scarfing down the fudge that I would regret it late. More than that, I didn't really savor and enjoy the gift. So I lost out on 2 fronts.

This experience is drawing my attention to how my little unconscious choices shape my life. In this case I wasn't so very unconscious as I watched myself do it and didn't stop myself. But in this moment my choices are about how I pick myself up and move along. Can I get my lesson and keep moving into an enjoyable and productive day today or will I indulge my self pity and remorse and use it to make more indigestible choices today?

In the past 10 days I have been developing my exercise program for keeping hands and shoulders nimble, supple, fluid and strong. I pulled together my outline and did an impromptu seminar for a handful of my clients and videoed it. My program was well received and I am studying the video to upgrade my presentation. Today I am reworking the flow of my material. So I am up early with my ginger tea to soothe my tummy and playing with my project.

Loving my life doesn't always mean great things are happening. Sometimes it means falling down and getting back up, even if the pivotal event is dietary indiscretion.
Enjoy the holidays. Learn from my experience. Savoring a taste is more satisfying than eating the whole thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home