Why do I love my life so much?

No more New Year's resolutions for me! This year I picked a theme question to guide and shape my choices. The theme: Why do I love my life so much? I am not seeking answers but rather planting the question as a seed and nuturing it. The research: How does this theme play out in my life and affect those around me? What vibrational impact do I observe? What are my results? Posts build on one another, so best to start with the first one.

Thursday, November 08, 2007

The Day of Didn'ts

Each day is remarkable for something unique. Today is important for what I didn't do instead of what I did do. I had before me a wide open day and a to do list. I was making great progress and then, lurking behind the bushes of my mind, I saw a way to use up the whole day. I saw a way to avoid doing some uncomfortable tasks. The plan was simple. Drive to Nashville to buy a certain kind of permanant watercolor to try on my gourds. Reasonable enough and working towards my plan but not what would really propell me forward.

Want to do is not always best to do. Let's see. Gas is now over $3 a gallon, it will take 5 hours and I won't feel like being productive when I get back. If I calculate the value of my time, that is a very expensive bottle of watercolor. I didn't go to Nashville. I did order it and other inks online to be delivered.

My other big didn't still has me quivering and trembling. I didn't jump at the chance to take on another Occupational Therapy job. I have had financial concerns of late because my PRN, as needed, positions have not been needing much lately. But my consuming habits have not backed off to match my income. The new job would solve my financial concerns and probably kill my dreams. I wouldn't have time to do both.
I said no, not now. I left myself a little hungry and committed to my 30 day PowerMonth Challenge during which I intend to develop my gourd business.

So I did not escape and I did not sell out my dreams. To me it is a sign of growth and evidence of why I love my life so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home