Why do I love my life so much?

No more New Year's resolutions for me! This year I picked a theme question to guide and shape my choices. The theme: Why do I love my life so much? I am not seeking answers but rather planting the question as a seed and nuturing it. The research: How does this theme play out in my life and affect those around me? What vibrational impact do I observe? What are my results? Posts build on one another, so best to start with the first one.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Someone Believes in Me

There are a few rare occasions when I get it in the moment that someone believes in me. In hindsight I can find many more examples that people did. But what I am speaking of are the times when I allow myself to "Grok" it in the moment. I know I date myself here. read "Stranger in a Strange Land" to grok it.

The first time I remember was my freshman math teacher asking to see my report card. Something in that told me she cared and thought I had potential. It was strong enough to think I might want to major in math which was a good idea until I got to college calculus.

In the second instance I was an high school junior going through the food service line when another student asked me if I wanted to help decorate for a dance. Out of the blue! I was shocked. I did and stayed for a meeting of Junior Statesman and began public speaking of a sort. I also met my first boyfriend in that group. My life changed because someone reached out to me. I came down from my ivory tower and participated.

Fast forward to this week. I signed up for "PowerMonth" with Sterling Valentine. Everyone set goals and made the agreement to work on their project everyday and post what was done every day and to provide feedback to others. I am developing my gourd business and also seeking feedback on ways to reach out with this blog. Some people actually took the time to read my blog and comment on my writing. My insides flipped and jumped. I was back in high school being asked to decorate for a dance.
Someone believes in me! Actually a bunch of someones believe in me. Perhaps the greatest miracle is that I hear them and am letting it in. I am excited and shaking in my boots.

Last night I was so excited I couldn't sleep for all of the ideas sparking in my brain. I made notes. Tonight I am back to facing my demons of self doubt. I will probably get to face them each and everyday of this 30 day challenge. But, somewhere inside, I know people believe in me and I will persist. Why do I love my life so much?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home