Why do I love my life so much?

No more New Year's resolutions for me! This year I picked a theme question to guide and shape my choices. The theme: Why do I love my life so much? I am not seeking answers but rather planting the question as a seed and nuturing it. The research: How does this theme play out in my life and affect those around me? What vibrational impact do I observe? What are my results? Posts build on one another, so best to start with the first one.

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Standing in my Own Way, Take 2

OK, last post I was standing in my own way, running tackle against myself. I just had a conversation with my homeopath and used the sentence "I am standing in my own way". I meant that I was getting in my own way. He heard it as "Standing in My Way", as in the song "I did it my way". It wasn't a value judgment as both can be true at once. As he said, he doesn't know anyone as "individual" as me. I do have my own way. On the other hand, that very "own way" of mine may also be part of a mechanism that avoids success to the degree that I am capable and wanting.

The conversation that prompted the post about running tackle against myself was based on the idea of using proven techniques that work instead of re-inventing the wheel. And could see the wisdom but balked at the proven technique because it was out of phase with my self image or at least out of my comfort zone.

So if I stand in my own way, do it my way, it has value only if it is grounded in firm principles. If doing it my way is a matter of hesitation to leave my comfort zone then I deserve the lackluster results that I get. Maybe this is part of becoming a warrior. A wannabe warrior does have to submit to the training of the master. There is a breaking down process before the building up process. I get to unlearn my habits that now feel "so me" that don't serve me to master the tools and techniques that do serve me.

Short of joining the military or a monastery there are few avenues that break us down and build us up is a systematic way. Maybe life does that in the sense that we move about until we magnetize circumstances that make us uncomfortable enough or excite us enough to seek a different way. I'm not yet in a place to pull my reflections together into a tidy bundle. Letting it unfold may be the way to love my life.

On a lighter note, I have a new Internet "toy" that makes headline graphics way fast, way cool, way colorful. Here is the link: http://quickwebcreations.com/?e=lifeofhoney
Check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home