Why do I love my life so much?

No more New Year's resolutions for me! This year I picked a theme question to guide and shape my choices. The theme: Why do I love my life so much? I am not seeking answers but rather planting the question as a seed and nuturing it. The research: How does this theme play out in my life and affect those around me? What vibrational impact do I observe? What are my results? Posts build on one another, so best to start with the first one.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Flirting with Fly Paper!

Fly paper and sticky traps attact with a lure and hold one fast until the life force is sucked out. Pet peeves are one of those fly papers. Some things hold such a charge to my righteous mind that I won't let it go, even if it is sucking my energy.
Just last night I listened to someone wrestle with such a theme. It was clear to me she was stuck onto the fly paper and not able to listen right then.

Ha! Less than 24 hours later, I find myself buzzing around my own fly paper. My righteous indignation gets riled up over what I call bait and switch marketing techniques. The offender is my car dealership. We have an ongoing battle. Every quarter I get reminders and coupons to get my car serviced. Oil change about $22. OK. In the small print it says it may be different on various models. My model is $36-40 for a oil change. Almost twise the advertised price. I figure they know my name, my service timing, my mileage. So why don't they know I have a hybrid and send me an appropriate coupon? I get riled up everytime I get a reminder and everytime I even think about getting my car serviced. I am running around on the same hamster wheel I was watching someone else run last night.

I am right! I have gone round and round with them. Doesn't seem they are able to delete my name from the mailing list longer than 6 months. They say that service is farmed out and they don't have control. I beg to differ. The engager always has control or should have. Today I had a letter written in my mind to send to Honda, the dealership owner, the service manager and even to God. I am already unlikely to to buy the same brand because of this but I love my car, just paid it off, and want to keep her healthy. I don't want bad vibes around or about her.

So what are my choices? Get off it. Yes, but I'm right! Take her to be serviced somewhere else. I will look into getting the expensive rarely used oil in bulk and taking it to my local service man. I did call to find out the value of that coupon if I had a regular car. We are talking $2-3 here. That put it in perspective. All of this energy drain over $3 bucks. Who is the crazy one here? I'm the one with my hand still in the air. So today I will request a proportionate coupon reduction, and go in knowing what it will cost.

I am still right but not happy. Happiness is a choice. Would I rather be right or would I rather be happy? I choose happy. The fly paper will have to change its lure and I get to be more vigilant at noticing when I am flirting with leaking my energy through righteousness. In the meantime, I love my life so much when I see a trap and avert it, at least this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home